Thursday, November 20, 2008

Spotted In Eufaula

You know the saying "Stranger things have happened"? That saying does not apply to anything that happens within the city limits of Eufaula, AL.

Today I saw something that I will never forget, and probably never see again.

I had just left work and was driving to pick Nick up for lunch. To get to the main highway from my work I have to drive through a very residential area for a few miles. Many of the houses that I drive by are beautiful antebellum mansions that have large front yards. Something about one of these houses caught my attention today. In the front yard of one of the houses there was a man crouched down, wearing a large leather glove on his right arm, with a GIANT BIRD perched atop his forearm. And I'm not talking about a Dove or a Pigeon or even a Crow, I'm talking about a Falcon or a Hawk. To illustrate my point this is a similar sized bird.

I have so many questions, like...
Why did that man have such a large bird? In his front yard? In a residential neighborhood? And why was Animal Planet not filming it??


I have a feeling I may never know, and I probably don't want to.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ohmygod ridiculous. maybe he was hunting deer with it!

fact: when I lived in MS we got the first day of hunting season off of school.

Anonymous said...

Just read through your entries...hilarious....I grew up in Eufaula and just seeing it from another perspective is great...have a good one "Buttercup"! haha